Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting the Final Task!

Hello! My name is Breanna. I’ve been in this class for the last semester and in this one we have our final project! We will have to create the first two minutes of a movie. Not a trailer, not the middle or the end, just the beginning. I’m working with the same people I have been working with: Madelene and Josh. Now that we have some experience with each other, I feel like we will be able to smoothly get this project done. We have been thinking about this project since we first heard about it. We are excited to work on it! All three of us have different ideas and when brainstorming we sometimes clash. I think we are on our way to finding something we all like.

In our last projects we used my dads camera equipment. We will probably continue to do so. I was the one who recorded(the camera person) but for this project I might be an actor, so I’ll have to give a rundown on how to use the camera to my group members. We will probably also use the same editing software(Final Cut Pro), which all three of us will work on again. In our last projects we didn’t really do too many of the shots we have learned about in class, so this time we will try and incorporate more of them. We were also working with a monopod, and hopefully this time we can get a tripod, for a more stable video. For this project we will have to be creative with the sound as we aren't allowed to use music without getting permission. Hopefully we won’t have too many sound effects that we can’t create. I think it would be cool to make a mini foley place, though. It all depends on what we do.

We had to come up with three elevator pitches. A pitch is “a Hollywood term used to describe an idea where a film is encapsulated in 25 words or less.” Our pitches aren’t that good, to be honest. We have good ideas behind them, but I don’t think they would catch too many peoples attention. (I used the term ‘he’ to describe the main actor only for simplicity, it could be a ‘she.’)

- He never wanted to go back, and for a second he thought he got out. In reality, he never left.

- They made me forget, but now that I remember, I guess I should be more subtle then before, eh? I’m back baby!

- Step 1: Find the Chosen One
  Step 2: Make Chosen One fix problems.
  Step 3: ....Find a better Chosen One

Here are some pictures of us working:

(The first one is me, the second one is of Madelene and Josh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment