Thursday, March 5, 2020

Finishing up Filming!

Although we didn’t have Sydney, that was okay because we still needed to get the rest of the shots. We went in the same order as the film, back a block away from where I live. It wasn’t raining, so that was great. We made sure to have someone supervising us while we filmed near and on the street. I had to do a lot of jogging, because we took each shot at least three times. One main one(sometimes more), one for good measure and one for good luck.

I directed what I had envisioned, and Madelene took takes with her own ideas. We got me from multiple angles. I tried to look like I was enjoying myself on the run, putting my acting skills to use, as I was supposed to be on a routine run through the neighborhood. I wore the same outfit as before, and I made sure to hold my phone the same way, put my hair up the same way, and also wear my glasses instead of contacts. We took breaks as it was hot outside, but we got it all done in a few hours.

One of the few difficult shots was: when I was running on a long stretch of sidewalk, in the background there is a person who just disappeared, their ball bouncing as if dropped. This took some playing around with the timing. One person held the ball until just before they got on screen and they had to run away before I caught up to them. We switched out the people and the timing a lot, and we ended up getting a decent shot.

Another one was where the camera had to turn around. The thing was, there was a flag in the way, so Josh had to hold it down, and then right after I passed him he had to get out the reflector on me. This was where I really had to act, as I was supposed to be panicked about my dog whose barking just got cut off. We did this one multiple times.

Then there was inside. Getting the lighting was hard, and would have to be helped with editing. Most of it was easy, and we had to plan out where I would go so the ca era knew where to follow. One of the most anticipated shots was the Dolly-zoom. We needed to have a lot of assistance for it, and we did it a lot as well. That was the last shot of the day and we all were pleased with what we had accomplished.

Here is a picture from the ball scene mentioned above, with Josh holding the ball and myself telling him that he had to move one I got to the red plants off screen:



No comments:

Post a Comment