Monday, April 6, 2020

COVID-19 Effects

The corona virus has effected this project in some ways. When school was canceled, we still had reshoots to do. Sydney, our other actor, and my group members came to do so. We made it as quick and painless as possible. When we all had to stay at home, only Madelene could come over as she lives nearby. Soon enough, I had to do the editing and we conversed over the internet. Once I had the list of things we wanted to do, I did them myself.

After that, Madelene dropped off a flash drive in the mail. I downloaded the finished product to her, along with the song file that was in our film. She came later to pick it up. Unfortunately, the quality was too high for sending it digitally, so I had to compress the video down. I sent that to both of my group mates so they would have a mobile compatible version.

Our group is lucky to have been okay with social distancing. I can imagine how this could have turned out badly. Not only has the production of my class’s film projects been stopped, but film industries across the world have also stopped production. Now all that is left for my class to do if they haven’t already, is review this final project and create a video on it. Thankfully, this is individual, so I don’t have to worry about my group mates while we can’t work together.

Here is a picture of the files on my flash drive showing the finished video:

No comments:

Post a Comment