Monday, October 14, 2019

Editing Lesson Blog

Today we learned about the filming and editing process. We learned how to check out the camera, tri-pod, SD card and reader. It was a little complicated but necessary. Hopefully when we actually do it, it will be more simple. Then after that we learned the editing process. My group and I asked about some specific things for our own commercial. After we also talked about some details of the voiceover and so on. I’m excited to work on the project and can’t wait to get started!

The actual editing process was some things that I have seen before. I made sure to take notes on specific orders and some titles of things I needed to know. The Pinnacle Studio looks like a good program, if a tad slow, but I can be patient. I hope it won’t take long to eventually edit our commercial. The actual process included opening the computer and dumping all the takes into a personal folder. Then opening Pinnacle Studio and importing the takes into the program. Then dragging the takes to the bottom. There were three layers, the top being the titles, the next being the video and then the sound/music.

You could delete the music or the video to isolate one, overlaying it. We could use that to voice over. We also learned some of the transitions, though I’m sure we will only use the regular cut. But we might try out some, not sure. We also learned how to put text on the screen, which we will use for the last part. We have already started working on our storyboard, so we have some idea of what we need to do already. I think this project will go smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment