Monday, October 28, 2019

Editing Process

Today the class is working on editing our commercials. I came in late and my group was already working. I helped turn on the computer as it was unplugged. Checking on the file, I saw again that most of what we shot wasn’t there but we still had enough to work with. We took at least six takes of each part, but only two showed up in file. I’m sure we can still work with it. When we tried to open Pinnacle Studios we couldn’t get it to work, as with the rest of the class, so instead we started to focus on sending the important takes to our own google drives. For this process, we went through each part of the commercial.

I had, along with my group members, debated on each shot and which would be the one we would eventually use. We got through all but the last shot, along with the audio backups, because the computer wasn’t loading the videos. In the end we sent the rest of the last shot that we hadn’t reviewed. We also sent all the audio files that we could because we didn’t have headphones ready to hear them. When sent, we now have reassurance that if the computer is to be wiped to keep it working that we have the important takes to work with.

This is far from what I had expected today to be like. I wanted to get everything done, only in need of the background music. I have been looking for songs to use in the background, but we haven’t truly decided on something. We didn’t really get to work on editing today but we are a good team and I’m sure we can finish within the rest of the time we have. Still enjoying this project, and can’t wait to see it developed further.

No comments:

Post a Comment